- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Thriving | Survivor Newsletter
Thriving & Surviving
Komen Columbus is committed to develop programming as a response to community need. We saw a need for survivors to receive ongoing education about a range of issues, from financial to physical to psychosocial- throughout their survivorship journey- from diagnosis through the rest of their lives.
In response to that need, we’ve developed a monthly survivor e-newsletter full of information on lifestyle, financial and psychological survivorship issues, Q&A with clinical experts, research updates relevant to survivors, special events and opportunities and giveaways.
Past Articles and Topics Include
- Survivor holiday blues- how to enjoy the holidays without feelings of guilt
- Preventing chemo side effects
- Free research update webinar on early stage and metastatic breast cancer
- Flu season tips for survivors
- Travel tips for survivors with prosthetics
- Collection of “random acts of kindness” appreciated by survivors
- Ask the doctor series with plastic surgeon, lymphedema therapist, exercise physiologist, pathologist and genetics counselor
- Navigating the “marital waters” after diagnosis
- Pending legislation, oral chemotherapy bill
- Articles on financial issues
- Research on fertility for women with cancer
- Healthy recipes and exercise tips
- Upcoming events for healthy survivor lifestyle to minimize recurrence
- Monthly drawing and giveaway
- Share your story promotion to collect stories and experiences
Subscribe to Thriving, a survivor-only newsletter
Share your survivor story with us!
Create your free online surveys with <ahref=”https://www.surveymonkey.com”>SurveyMonkey , the world’s leading questionnaire tool.