Here’s What’s New at the Race
- Survivor Ceremony: New TIME and LOCATION– The ceremony will take place BEFORE the Race starts this year. The ceremony will begin at 8AM and will be located on the south plaza of City Hall or the corner of Broad and Front Streets.
- New Race start time is 8:45AM in the same location – Front and Elm Streets, just north of City Hall.
- Remembrance Wall – We want to remember those loved ones who were taken too early from us by a large display of photos at our Remembrance Wall. Select the Remembrance Wall option when registering and someone from our office will be in touch about the picture of your loved one you’d like to submit.
- Food Trucks! – To keep everyone fueled up and ready to take on Race day, there will be a variety of food trucks available. Bring your appetite and your wallet as all of the food trucks are graciously donating 15% of proceeds from their sales on Race day to Komen Columbus. At the Race will be: Sticky Finger Foods, Mojo Tago 2.0, Tortilla Street Food, Sophie’s Gourmet Pierogi, The Cheesy Truck, Pitabilities, Mixing Bowl Asian Grill, Britt’s Sweet Shop, and Crumbz cakery. YUM!
- Thunder Tunnel – Has a NEW location this year! Check out hundreds of motorcycles and “tough enough to care” riders on the Broad Street Bridge. This way, all participants will be able to witness this one-of-a-kind experience.
- Commemorative Race Shirt – To celebrate that our Race is the LARGEST in the country, when you register you can purchase a dry-fit t-shirt for $25. Take a peek at the technical shirt!
“Because this will be our 23rd year for the Columbus Race for the Cure, we are always trying to keep things fresh and up-to-date,” said Becca Thomas, Director of Events at Komen Columbus. “I am especially looking forward to the remembrance wall because it will really give people the opportunity to pay tribute to those who are no longer with us.”
Join us on Saturday, May 16! If you are not already registered, you can do so here and join the LARGEST Race for the Cure in the NATION!