- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Worship in Pink
Worship in Pink is a health program for congregations of all faiths with the goal of increasing breast cancer awareness and linking women to resources. We provide a toolkit to a Worship in Pink Coordinator at each congregation to plan an educational event during October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Volunteers at places of worship throughout central and southeast Ohio can become a Worship in Pink Coordinator for their organization.
What will be provided:
- An educational piece for each participant with breast health information and local resources
- A coordinator guide containing
- Information for your “Do it Yourself” Worship in Pink Event
- Bulletin and announcement suggestions
- Ideas for activities
- Resource guide to assist women who need help, including how to answer questions about insurance, breast health and more
- Small gifts and a certificate template to celebrate breast cancer survivors
Step 1: Register today for a Worship in Pink event. During registration, you can also sign up for our “Coordinator Training”. Pick a date for your event, and let us know the number of participants. Please register by August 30.
Step 2: Attend a Coordinator Training
Step 3: Plan your event, including any educational and fundraising activities. Receive your material kit.
Step 4: Hold your event during October.
Please join us! We will provide you with all the information and tools you need to bring the Worship in Pink program to your group. We will also introduce you to local program leaders and resources. We will hold two trainings in Central Ohio and one in Southeast Ohio.
During registration, you can RSVP for the Coordinator Training that is best for you. If you cannot attend a training, we will provide you with information via email.
Central Ohio – Komen Columbus Office
Friday, August 25th at 11:30 a.m.
Saturday, August 26th at 10:00 a.m.
Southeast Ohio – Athens Community Center
Wednesday, August 30th at 11:30 a.m.
Have questions or want to receive our mailings? Contact Lauren Beitel or call 614-942-1188.